Mobile Website vs. Mobile App: Which is Best for Your Organization?
More than half (3.7 Billion) of the world population is spending at least 3-5 hours a day on their mobile phones. People are becoming nomophobes and using mobile phones as frequent as possible to ease their jobs. And hence being alive in mobile platforms is becoming more than a choice, but an unavoidable mandate for businesses. Globally, 63% of revenue from digital ads had been coming from mobile ads and expecting a huge leap going forward. This indicates the impact of mobile phones and their influence across the consumer population.
All these jaw-dropping growth prospects are gained mostly via mobile websites or mobile apps. However, businesses can leverage the scope from both the verticals unequivocally. Yet, to determine which one of it is most suitable for the business it involves a couple of factors such as business model, proposed budget, business purpose, and the target customers.
Let’s check which one of these can be the best for your organization- mobile website or mobile app or the combination of both.
Mobile app VS. Mobile website
Though websites and apps are equally accessed via mobile phones, there are certain qualities that both of them posses which can supercharge the business. Once websites reigned the world and still it has its matchless qualities. Yet, on the arrival of mobile phones, the time for mobile apps rises with glory. Hence, today, mobile app usage surpassed mobile websites dramatically.
Mobile websites are versatile with their responsive framework. Regardless of device, screen size and operating system, it serves its purpose. Plus, it delivers all the elements such as the contents structure, images, buttons and the layout quite accessible to the users. Thus it justifies its name- responsive websites.
In the responsive website approach, the developers estimate the percentage of the columns with the responsive architecture. This enables the website to fit in any screen size such as mobile phones, tablets, desktop monitors, smart tv, etc. And being responsive to any device screen size, it seems a future-appropriate design as well.
Furthermore, responsive websites incorporate all mobile-specific attributes to ease out the business process. Instantly actionable elements such as click-to-call buttons, one-click location mapping, etc are some of it. Further, these traits increase the possibility of websites to deliver the business quite eloquently to the users. Therefore, mobile websites increasingly satisfy users and offer a better user experience.
Mobiles apps are software applications that are designed exclusively for mobile devices. Unlike mobile websites, mobile apps are required to download and install in the mobile device. Mobile apps are classified into different types; primarily they can be classified into native apps and hybrid apps.
Mobile application offers more functionalities for mobile devices. Native applications that are meant for function in its platform-appropriate operating systems and devices can perform optimized services. Also, hybrid apps are the perfect combination of native apps and web-based applications. Though they perform quite a bit slower than native apps, hybrid apps are more popular for their cross-platform accessibility.
Mobile apps in common deliver the data from the internet similar to mobile websites. Moreover, mobile apps facilitate to access the content and perhaps the service without an internet connection. However, it provides fast and easy service access and ensures a superior user experience.
Advantages of mobile apps
For businesses, mobile apps open a plethora of opportunities to drive the business quite effectively. 49% of people in this world open an app more than 11 times daily and 90% of their mobile time has been spent on mobile apps. It can act as an extended business facility that caters to user requirements. Besides, through mobile app businesses can provide personalized service and practice tailor-made customer communication. Likewise, the advantages of mobile apps are far and wide in all aspects as follows.
1. Mobile apps enable businesses to provide a highly personalized user experience. Analyzing user journey and usage-history mobile apps can offer customized service/product recommendations.
2. Mobile app opens more opportunities for businesses to explain the brand. Using customer preferences and location, enterprises can keep updating new deals and trends to the users.
3. Mobile apps are the best way to leverage native mobile devices’ features. Instant communication, push notification, update alerts can be used for better user experience.
4. Mobile apps facilitate the services to use even in offline mode. Though the real-time service requires a good internet connection, users can bring into play the content and functionalities anytime with the apps.
5. Mobile apps address the needs of users with simplistic solutions. Being alive in its own interface, mobile apps offer a sophisticated mobile experience. With more interactive features and quick and easy ways to solve the problems, mobile apps improve user engagement.
6. Mobile apps enhance brand presence and therefore increase brand visibility. It makes way for improved marketing practice and helps to keep connected with the users.
Advantages of mobile websites
Mobile websites have wider prospects comparing to mobile apps. Worldwide, more than 52.2% of the website traffic gas been generated via mobile phones. It is widely available to all sorts of users regardless of the device and platform they are into. Plus, mobile websites offer considerably high speed and assures the businesses more competitive edge to grow business reach. Similarly, mobile websites have several benefits to heed upon as follows.
1. Mobile websites are highly available for any user and anywhere. It promises a wider reach and greater visibility with better SEO best-practice.
2. Mobile-optimized websites offer a cost-effective solution for business entities. In comparison with a mobile app development cost, mobile website development is far affordable.
3. Businesses with a responsive website could gain potential benefits from Google ranking algorithms. With an excellent SEO practice, any business can reach to any number of users across the digital world.
4. Comparing with mobile applications, mobile website has a greater scope of visibility across the network. It can show up on web searches with the business-appropriate content strategy and can be alive as long as possible with better optimization practice.
Which defines the business better?
To decide the best option, it involves a lot of factors and it is more inclined to the different business objectives of enterprises. As the business prospect goes wider and requires a high-audience-reach it demands a more visible appearance than a confined one. Such businesses have to invest in a cutting-edge business website with all user engaging elements.
However, if the business requires real-time engagement and personalized user experience a sophisticated mobile app suits way better. It helps to gain loyalty and build trust among the customers. Plus, if the business can perform better with the device’s capabilities, there is no other choice than a mobile app.
As the world moves to the advanced digital age, it is better to choose the best choice. Whether it is a mobile website or a mobile app, check whether it suits your business objectives and can cater to future business goals as well. However, it is no crime to take a two-pronged model if it can define your business more efficiently.
Mobile websites and mobile apps have their distinct features to empower the business. Both of them can provide advanced digital experience to the users and deliver the service as it is supposed. Yet, it has a couple of constraints to look after. A lot of businesses are leveraging the benefits of both of the solutions to fulfill their business requirements. Hence, choose the best that helps your business and keep building your strategies to upscale the business with the evolving technologies.
- Why modern applications demand polyglot database strategiesCommentary: Ready to move all your applications to NoSQL databases? It's not that simple.
- How to make a graph in Google SheetsLearn how to create and customize a visual display of your data in Google Sheets or use the =SPARKLINE function to make a mini chart in a spreadsheet cell.
- How to use Zoom's advanced sharing options to share more than just your screenYou can share more than just your screen or a single document in a Zoom meeting.
Telemedicine provides patients access to medical specialists and lowers healthcare costs. Especially helpful during… https://t.co/LBafwtnh1pFollow